The ideal time to go on Phu Quoc snorkeling tour
Phu Quoc has a tropical climate that is close to equatorial. Phu Quoc Island is located in the Gulf of Thailand and is influenced by the Southern seasonal winds, with heavy rainfall and strong Southeastern winds throughout the year. Overall, Phu Quoc has a cool climate that is divided into two seasons: rainy season and dry season. Some ideal time to go on Phu Quoc snorkeling tour are:
October to March of the following year
This is the most ideal time to go on a snorkeling tour in Phu Quoc because these months have mild and pleasant weather with warm sunshine without causing hair loss or burns. It’s great to be immersed in the warm air from the sun and feel the coolness and greenness of the Phu Quoc Sea. From November to March, the Phu Quoc Sea is peaceful; waves do not hit strongly, and there is no marine activity. On the occasion of Tet holiday, February is also the most beautiful time of the year, which many tourists don’t know about. Enjoy the New Year’s holidays by snorkeling in the sea and immersing yourself in the wild. In particular, November is also the seafood season, so visitors can enjoy eating delicious dishes made from a variety of delicious fresh seafood. There are also interesting tourist activities when traveling on quiet days when the sea is quiet, such as snorkeling to see corals, tuning, touring the islands, etc.
April to June
The period from April to June is when Phu Quoc enters the dry season with hot weather. This is the time when the number of tourists is average. Make sure to travel to Phu Quoc in April or June, as this is a time when there are many attractive offers on tours and discounted hotel rooms. Flight tickets to Phu Quoc Island at this time are also much cheaper than other months of the year.
What's interesting about snorkeling to see coral in Phu Quoc?
The most beautiful coral carpet in Viet Nam:
Phu Quoc is famous for its giant coral reefs, which have existed for a long time. It is known that the reef here has a capacity of up to 480 hectares, 360 hard coral species, and a dozen types of soft corals. The coral in Phu Quoc is large, colorful, and incredibly attractive. Half Moon Range is one of the places with the most beautiful and fulfilling corals, with a variety of different types of corals such as cabbage corals, tubes coral, tables coral, reed coral, dust coral, coral blocks, black sea pen, brain corals, leather corals, and soft coral carpets.
There are several snorkeling locations for the most ideal coral sighting:
Due to its gifted creation and favorable nature, Phu Quoc Island has abundant resources in terms of landscape and marine life. The characteristic terrain of Phu Quoc is the island and inland water. One can see creatures under his feet. The sea water in some areas is quite low, so you can experience breathing underwater at close distances. The ideal place to dive to see the most typical coral is the Half Moon Coral Range, which is only 3–9 meters deep. In addition, there are other snorkeling
locations such as Hon Thom, Hon Roi, Hon Dua.
The real experience:
The experience of coral snorkeling in Phu Quoc is incredibly authentic and realistic, as you are able to admire the beauty of the colorful coral reefs by yourself. Tourists will be merged into the vast ocean world with the marine creatures you first saw.
Phu Quoc snorkeling tour at AN Tour
Coral exploration by snorkeling is a must-do when in Phu Quoc, as if you don’t, the place is just the same as other islands. In our Phu Quoc Snorkeling Tour: Explore Coral Mountain and Half-Moon Reef by speedboat (Small Group), you will be exploring many types of beautiful corals with our professionally trained tour guide.
Explore Coral Mountain:
Visiting and exploring Coral Mountain is an attractive tour package that tourists should not miss when traveling to Phu Quoc. San Ho Mountain is a dragon-skeletal coral reef that grows in shallow waters in the crystalline coral area. The coral reefs in the coral mountains grow extremely strongly, forming clipping mountain ranges and creating an incredibly beautiful and interesting sea landscape.
In addition to the colorful coral mountains, San Ho Mountain is also very diverse in terms of marine life. San Ho Mountain is a preserved area, so it has always retained its inherent beauty. At San Ho Mountain, tourists will have the opportunity to admire various types of corals, marine stars, deep seas, and the most strange types of fish from a close distance. During seasonal times, the fish will concentrate closer to the land and attract more tourists to take part in the snorkeling tour.
Discover Half-Moon Reef by speedboat:
Phu Quoc is located 16 kilometers south of the town of An Thoi and is encompassed by an island to the southwest. Therefore, during the dry season, the sea area is not much affected by the northern winter winds. The area of the Half Moon Reef is quite large, and it will take almost two hours to explore the entire river. The depth of the sea water is quite ideal and can be snorkeled by free breathing tubes at a distance of 5–6 m. You can also see the coral from the speedboat if you do not know how to dive and swim because the sea here is very deep and you can see them quite clearly from the boat.
Under the sea level, the steep terrain forms coral mountains, slopes, and giant coral blocks several meters tall, and you can admire the super-big, kneeled marshes. The deeper you dive into the ocean floor, the more diverse and colorful the corals are. Half Moon Reef has a very special terrain, so this is a diving place with many strange types of corals and is an attractive tourist spot in Phu Quoc.
Package tour schedule:
- Pick up from hotels: the travelers will be picked up at the hotel then transferred by A/C car to the port for embarkation. Please note that if your hotel is not in the city center, AN Tours Vietnam may apply an extra charge of 25 USD for 2 ways transfer.
- Board the speed boat for Turtlehead Rock Beach: enjoy activities on the beach, adapt to the water, dive, listen to safety instructions and messages before diving, and introduce subsequent dive points in more detail. You will stay here for about 30-45 minutes before going to the next two dive points.
- Snorkeling at Half-Moon Reef: This is an incredibly interesting and much-anticipated activity because you will be admired by the coral carpets, called the most beautiful in Vietnam. Then, you can get yourself acclimated to the water and snorkel gear, listen to guidelines and safety briefs before snorkeling, and introduce the later snorkeling spots in detail. You’ll be here for around 30–45 minutes before heading to the next two snorkeling spots.
- Head for Coral Mountain: you will experience diving at a distance of approximately 0.5-4m and have the opportunity to admire the largest Cactus Coral tree on Phu Quoc Island. Snorkeling time will be from 30-45 minutes.
- Beach bar time & sunset indulgence at the last island: this is the time for you to rest, relax, and recharge your energy after almost a day of exploring the sea. You will be served fresh fruit and cold beer, and you will enjoy the romantic sunsets on the sea.
- A speedboat ride back: return to land after a day at sea.
- Transfer from port to hotel: you will be transferred back to the hotel and end the snorkeling tour.
Notes before going on a snorkeling tour:
- Make sure your health is stable before diving. Even if you are in stable health, you shouldn’t be a leader. Eat breakfast 30 minutes before going into the water to avoid cramping. Diving is restricted to travelers who suffer from cardiovascular disorders because it is likely to endanger their lives.
- Listen attentively to the guide; the instructor will talk about the route and notes as well as instruct the traveler on how to use the diving equipment. You won’t feel scared or embarrassed if you follow the instructions of the instructor when you go down the river.
- Prepare clothes for the sea. Prepare long-handed swimwear to avoid skin allergies, sunburn, and sunscreen.
- Bring a clean towel and clothes to replace after participating in activities at sea.
Phu Quoc snorkeling tour – Discover Coral Mountain and Half-Moon Reef by Speedboat is an incredibly exciting and fascinating tour package that you should try once in your life. Phu Quoc Island is an incredibly natural and beautiful island with many places you should explore to have a memorable travel experience. Contact AN Tours Vietnam right now for quick advice on schedule as well as more about the snorkeling tour experience!
For more details about the tour and if you are interested in a snorkeling tour at Phu Quoc and want to go snorkeling, please contact An Tours Vietnam for advice and more interesting tourist information!
See more at: https://antoursvietnam.com/