Travels tips for vegan when traveling to Vietnam
Identify non-vegan foods:
In Vietnam in recent years, the demand for vegans has increased and some people view veganism as a way to protect health as well as reduce the risk of illness. Being vegetarian in the early days was not easy because some people are used to eating meat. Understanding this problem, some vegan restaurants have created some meat dishes in the vegan version and it looks like a real meat dish. This is also interesting but also quite controversial about whether or not to eat fake vegetables for Buddhists. However, there are still a lot of gay people with the way to eat vegetarian meat because it has no effect and you can still eat them normally because the food is still made from vegetables, soybeans, etc.
Foreign tourists are often confused and can’t distinguish between real meat and fake vegetarian meat. If you’re a vegetarian, pay attention to some of the most easy to fake Vietnamese vegans. They won’t affect your vegan diet too much but can make some vegan travelers quite confused and anxious.
Some vegan dishes look like the meat in Vietnam:
- Vegan Ribs: This is a very easily misunderstood vegetarian by the shape that looks like a real roasted rib. Vegetarian ribs made from soybeans, cranium potato powder, and some other vegan spices are perfectly healthy so you can be confident. You can catch vegetarian ribs in dishes such as Vegetarian Com Tam, and Vegetarian Bun Bo Hue.
- Vegan Roast Meat: Vegan meat in Vietnam will include vegan pigs, vegan chicken, and vegan duck. These foods are easily misunderstood because they are like meat dishes. Vegetarian meat will be made from running ingredients such as soybeans, tapioca starch, etc then smoothed with spices and baked up. This food is very attractive and tasty.
- Vegan Meat Floss: Meat floss is a popular dish in Asian countries, meat floss is made from pork, chicken, and beef. This dish is usually eaten with rice or bread. The vegetarian meat floss looks like it’s made from meat, but in Vietnam, the vegan meat floss is more transformative and creative. Vegan meat floss is made from some kind of mushroom and tastes very good.
- Vegan Pork Ham: This is a familiar Vietnamese food. It can be made from pork, beef, chicken, fish, etc. Pork ham is usually eaten with bread, and cakes, and eaten with rice. In vegan restaurants in Vietnam, vegan pork ham is a rather popular dish. Vegan pork ham is usually made from vegetables such as soybeans, seaweed, and potatoes, and they are easily confused with meat foods, but the taste is different. The process of making vegan pork ham is quite complicated and this is a must-try dish.
How to know vegan restaurants when traveling in Vietnam?
- The label contains the words “Vegan” or “Chay”. “Chay” is the word for vegan in Vietnamese and you can enter the restaurant confidently because it is where vegans are sold.
- Google search “nha hang chay” means vegetarian restaurant in Vietnam.
- Ask the locals for the nearest vegan restaurant.
Where can travelers look for vegan food in Vietnam?
Today, vegan eating is becoming popular and frequently appears in Vietnamese meals. This is not just a belief or religion but has become a daily habit serving health. The vegan lifestyle is becoming increasingly popular and the demand for vegans is increasing, so there are a lot of vegan buffet chains. The average vegan buffet price is only 100,000 VND per person and you can eat vegan food without worrying about the price. Vegan buffets in Vietnam attract a large number of people from young people, students, office staff, and foreign tourists.
Vegan Buffet in Ho Chi Minh City:
- Sala Vegetarian Buffet: This vegan buffet has more than 30 attractive Vietnamese dishes such as fried rice, vegetables, vegetable bread, vegan soup, etc. The food in Sala is tasty, tasty, and is a favorite place for vegetarians
Address: 16 Le Quang Dinh Street, Ward 14, Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh City
Location on the map: Sala Vegetarian Buffet
- Man Tu Vegan: a vegan buffet in Saigon where you eat comfortably and pay for each person’s meals, without a fixed price. The space is small and simple but warm and a crowd of people come to eat. The restaurant has 4 vegan dining days 14 – 15 and 30 – 1 will host a special buffet program with 50 dishes and fruit cakes for 100.000 VND. Varied food, delicious flavor, and beautiful explanation.
Address: 201 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street, Nguyen Cu Trinh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Location on the map: Man Tu Vegan
- Nang Sen Vegan Buffet: this is a vegan restaurant full of rice, steak, salad, mixed steak, and dozens of fried dishes. Come here to eat, people not only enjoy the delicious food but also get a lot of nutrients from vegetarian eating. I like to eat in this restaurant because I want to eat healthy vegetables. The soups, hot steamed, are kept in the dishes and are continuously served. The user may have just turned around and noticed that it was “filled” when it was not good. There is no shortage of buffet desserts. There are juices, cool teas, cakes, and fruits, make sure to come to this table to eat a bit full. If you don’t know what to eat for dinner, then having a group of friends for a long time to change to Vay is also quite interesting. The strawberries are also made from vegetarian water, which is both strange and delicious. The food is especially delicious.
Address: 168/38D Nguyen Gia Tri Street, Binh Thanh Ward, Ho Chi Minh City
Location on the map: Nang Sen Vegan Buffet
Vegan Buffet in Ha Noi:
- Veggie Castle: Veggie Castle is known as a self-service vegetarian with a simple, gentle but very youthful, mineralizing decoration style. The food is not too many dishes but is very elaborate, careful, and especially very creative in each dish. The bar space is very cozy and suitable for close, gentle meetings.
Address: 07 Yen Ninh Street, Truc Bach Ward, Ba Dinh District, Ha Noi
Location on the map: Veggie Castle
- Peace Vegan: if you are a school vegan or like to eat vegan then this is a great vegan buffet. Vegan peach with airy space, average prices, and carefully processed food is very suitable if you want a snack and a healthy meal.
Address: 45 Nhat Chieu, Nhat Tan Ward, Tay Ho District, Ha Noi
Location on the map: Peace Vegan
- Haan Vegan: a vegetarian restaurant is very suitable for young people because the space is very chilled and fresh. The bar is on the 2nd floor and the small space will be a little difficult to find but the food here is delicious and tasteful, easy to eat. The dishes are also transformed creatively and desserts are also very varied and tasty.
Address: 71 Dao Tan Street, Ngoc Khanh, Ba Dinh District, Ha Noi
Location on the map: Haan Vegan
Ancient Vietnamese vegetables were often sold in small restaurants or markets, but today, as the vegan lifestyle came to the throne, vegetables have been upgraded and put into high-end restaurants. If you are traveling and want to find luxurious spaces as well as comfortable places to gather family and friends, check out some of the following vegan restaurants!
Vegan restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City:
- Be An Vegetarian Bistro: vegetarian meals in Be An bring traditional flavors to every dish. From familiar tastes such as strawberries, and cucumbers to special dishes such as pastries, lifetime boats, cereal groves, or rice. All are sweet, and varied but harmonious in a bowl of rice full enough, nutritious, delicious, and beautiful for families to enjoy.
Address: Ground Floor, Saigon Garden, 99 Nguyen Hue Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Location on the map: Be An Vegetarian Bistro
- Hum Vegetarian: Hum Vegetarian offers a cozy, elegant, and quiet space to enjoy delicious food. The food is prepared on-site from a variety of fresh beans, nuts, vegetables, flowers, and fruits. Simple and nutritious, the dishes are prepared from entirely natural ingredients under the careful hands of chefs, producing dishes that are not only tasty, and flavorful but also aesthetically beautiful. If you don’t know where to eat vegan food and want to find a peaceful place, Hum Vegetarian is the best place.
Address: 32, 10 Street, Thu Duc City, Ho Chi Minh
Location on the map: Hum Vegetarian
- Shamballa Vegetarian, Restaurant & Tea House: vegetables at restaurants always give people a taste of fresh ingredients from nature. The impressive dishes that you should try when you come to this restaurant can be seaweed soup, fried rice, and Shamballa hot pot.
Address: 31 Ly Tu Trong Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Location on the map: Shamballa Vegetarian, Restaurant & Tea House
Vegetarian restaurant in Ha Noi:
- Uu Dam Vegan: this vegan restaurant has fresh ingredients combined with innovative processing methods, offers a nutrition-rich menu that still really catches the eye, and is tasty.
Address: 55 Nguyen Du, Hoan Kiem District, Ha Noi
Location on the map: Uu Dam Vegan
- Sadhu Vegan: the rich and healthy vegan menu is Sadhu’s pride from the very first days. Instead of additives and salty dishes, Sadhu always chooses pure natural flavors as the core of their creations.
Address: 87 Ly Thuong Kiet, Cua Nam, Hoan Kiem District, Ha Noi
Location on the map: Sadhu Vegan
- Vi Lai Vegan: luxury vegan restaurant with 60 attractive vegan dishes in a luxurious space. If you are a vegetarian, it will be an ideal place to go.
Address: 67 Ly Thuong Kiet, Tran Hung Dao, Hoan Kiem District, Ha Noi
Location on the map: Vi Lai Vegan
The market is where you sell a variety of cheap foods and incredibly rich foods as well as plenty of delicious vegetables for you to choose from. If you have a vegan lifestyle and want to find a place to sell cheap vegan food, visit the market in Vietnam to buy and enjoy. The vegan foods that you can buy in the market are fried tofu with chili and lemongrass, mushrooms stir-fried, vegan curry, vegan Pho, and vegan Bun Bo Hue. Please note that the market is open from early morning to 5 p.m. and if you want to buy food you should go in the morning.
Some markets where you can find vegan food in Ho Chi Minh:
Some markets where you can find vegan food in Ha Noi:
Tips to order vegan food in the restaurant
- Ask for a vegan menu if you are vegan. If the restaurant doesn’t have a vegan menu and vegan food, you can ask them to replace meat with vegetables.
- Check the ingredients of all the food and make sure that it can be used for vegans.
- Say that you have a dairy allergy so restaurant staff will take you a lot more seriously. This can help to prevent mistakes in your order.
- Bring your vegan food if you can.
- Learn some key lingo. If you are a vegan, in Vietnamese it’s called “chay” and you can say “Toi an chay”, “Toi khong an thit, khong an ca”. This is the same way as “I’m a vegan”, “I don’t eat meat, fish” so the restaurant staff can understand. In case you don’t remember the key lingo, you can write it in your notebook. AN Tours Vietnam supports vegan travelers; a free board includes key lingo that has “Toi an chay”, “Toi khong an thit, an ca” for vegetarians, and allergic guests so that they can easily travel in Vietnam.
Choose a tour offering vegan food in Vietnam
Traveling but being a vegetarian will no longer be a difficult thing if you choose a tour with vegan services. AN Tours Vietnam is always ready to serve tourists who are vegans through attractive local food tours by replacing meat to vegan food. The local food tour includes:
- Private tour.
- English-speaking tour guide.
- Enjoy the best vegan food and travelers can try traditional Vietnamese vegan food with a cheap price and tasty food.
- Walking Around Ho Thi Ky – Biggest Wholesale Flower Market.
- Local sightseeing.
- The food in foodtour can replace by vegan food for vegan
Book the tour at
The number of vegans in Vietnam is increasing and becoming increasingly popular. Vegetarian restaurants and restaurants are available everywhere in major cities, so if you are a vegetarian who is traveling to Vietnam, be assured by AN Tours Vietnam has always known delicious and nutritious vegan places for tourists. Contact AN Tours Vietnam for more detailed information about tours as well as more places for vegans while traveling in Vietnam
See more at AN Tours Vietnam